The Hoop HQ Terms & Agreement
I, and/or the minor children identified above, each of whom are my children or minors for whom I am a legal guardian (each a “Participant” and collectively the “Participants”), desire to workout, practice, participate in classes, attend events, and/or engage in training programs at the Hoop HQ. In consideration for being allowed to use the Hoop HQ, I acknowledge and agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of all Participants that:
• participation in the Hoop HQ involves risks of serious injury, including, but not limited to, paralysis, dismemberment, permanent disability, and death, as well as losses, monetary or otherwise, to my person and property. I understand that these injuries and losses can result not only from the actions, inactions, or negligence of me or a Participant, but also the actions, inactions, or negligence of the Hoop HQ, its employees, coaches, agents, and owners; and other individuals participating in the Hoop HQ Programs.
• participation in the Hoop HQ includes the use of various types of equipment manufactured by third parties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the condition of any such equipment. Injuries and losses can result from the condition of the Hoop HQ’s equipment.
• a Participant’s physical condition prior to participating in the Hoop HQ may cause or result in injuries and losses. I have identified all of each Participant’s existing medical conditions below. I acknowledge that the Hoop HQ is relying upon complete disclosure of medical conditions in allowing a Participant to participate in the Hoop HQ’s Programs.
• participating in the Hoop HQ includes possible exposure to communicable diseases including but not limited to COVID-19 and/or similar contagious diseases and viruses. The undersigned acknowledges that they are aware of the risks associated with the exposure to communicable diseases at the Hoop HQ and/or in connection with the Hoop HQ’s programs.
• I understand and appreciate the risks associated with basketball and all related weight training, plyometrics, conditioning and related activities including Vertimax and shooting machines. I am fully aware of the risk of injury involved, catastrophic injury, paralysis, even death as well as other damages and losses associated with participation in basketball and related fitness/exercise activities.
I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL OF THE FOREGOING RISKS AND ACCEPT SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURIES TO MYSELF OR A PARTICIPANT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ILLNESS, DISEASE, PERSONAL INJURY, DISABILITY, DISMEMBERMENT, AND DEATH, AS WELL AS DAMAGES, LOSSES, CLAIMS, LIABILITY, OR EXPENSES, OF ANY KIND, THAT I OR A PARTICIPANT MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE HOOP HQ PROGRAMS (COLLECTIVELY “CLAIMS”) OR LOSSES INCURRED AS A RESULT THEREOF.
ON MY OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF THE PARTICIPANTS, I HEREBY RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HOOP HQ, RYA ATHLETICS INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUCCESSORS, PREDECESDSORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, COACHES, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE INCLUDES CLAIMS BASED ON THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE HOOP HQ AND/OR RYA ATHLETICS INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, ARISING FROM, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ONE OR MORE CENTER PROGRAMS
Standard Medical Release
I hereby consent to the Hoop HQ and its employees, agents, coaches, and owners providing medical care (emergency or otherwise) necessary for the health and safety of the Participants and further authorize any hospital or doctor to render immediate care and treatment as might be required for the health and safety of a Participant
Photograph and Video Release
This agreement confirms the agreement between you, the Hoop HQ, and RYA Athletics regarding each Participant’s participation in the Hoop HQ’s Programs and grants the Hoop HQ and RYA Athletics Inc the rights to use any photographs or videos (the “Property”) taken of me or any Participant in connection with the participation of Participants in The Hoop HQ Programs. I, on my own behalf and on behalf of each Participant irrevocably grant to the Hoop HQ and RYA Athletics Inc a perpetual, exclusive, irrevocable license to use the Property throughout the world in any medium (including print, digital, electronic, DVD, social media, internet and any other medium presently in existence or invented in the future), the right to use and incorporate (alone or together with other materials), in whole or in part, photographs or video footage taken of me and/or a Participant in connection with my participation in the Hoop HQ’s Programs. I will not bring or consent to others bringing a claim or action against the Hoop HQ or RYA Athletics Inc that the Property, or in materials including the Property, is defamatory, reflects adversely on me, violates any other right whatsoever, including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity. I hereby release the Hoop HQ and RYA Athletics Inc, and their respective directors, officers, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of actions, suits, costs, expenses, liabilities, and damages whatsoever relating to the Hoop HQ and/or RYA Athletics Inc use of the Property in a manner consistent with this Agreement.
This voluntary waiver and release from liability agreement is to be interpreted consistent with the laws of this State. I have read this voluntary waiver and release from liability agreement. I understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and I am signing this waiver and release from liability agreement voluntarily for myself and my children.
By my signature below, I confirm that I have provided all necessary contact information and relevant medical information regarding the Participants. I understand that I have a continuing obligation to update this information with the Hoop HQ as new information becomes known by me. I will promptly update this information with the Hoop HQ upon the discovery of new medical information and/or new contact information.
* By checking the box and agreeing to these terms, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. You have the right to request that you sign a paper copy instead. By checking the box here, you are waiving that right. After consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Your agreement to use an electronic signature with us for any documents will continue until such time as you notify us in writing that you no longer wish to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for withdrawing your consent. You should always make sure that we have a current email address in order to contact you regarding any changes, if necessary.
Rental & Services
Hoop HQ Leagues
Programs & Camps